Sunday, May 1, 2011

Our Life So Far....

2011 has been a quite a year, and it's just now May! I guess the best place to start is the beginning- So here we go...

January
This lovely month started out pretty normal. Cody graduated and commissioned into the AF in December, so we thought the excitement was over for a while... HA! Early January I was getting tired easily and feeling sick in the morning... So after putting it off for almost two weeks we decided to buy a pregnancy test. Whelp... That little + sign showed up and just like that we were expecting our first baby. We experienced just about every emotion imaginable within the next couple of days- and finally decided we should let our families know! We are so thankful for the love and support that we received from family and friends. It was during this time that we realized how blessed we truly are- we love you all so much! We got to see our baby for the first time on my 21st birthday. His heart beat was strong and he posed so well for the sono pictures (I swore that he was a girl because this)... We were (are) so proud of him!


Our Due Date is September 1, 2011.


February
WEDDING PLANNING (thanks Mom)
We had scheduled our date for 04/02/2011.... So needless to say EVERY conversation I had with my parents revolved around wedding details. I love you both so much! While this month was fun and exciting, it had a bittersweet ending to it. Cody left for Mississippi at the end of February to start his Cyberspace Operation classes at Keesler AF Base. I was not thrilled to see him go- but SO excited for him and extremely proud!

March
Even more wedding planning... And SHOWERS! One weekend was especially important. Cody surprised me and showed up at my doorstep one night, dropped down to one knee, pulled out the most beautiful ring, and officially asked me to spend forever with him as his wife. I obviously was not expecting it because I was in boy shorts, a large t-shirt, bra-less, hair in a ponytail, and reading glasses. Hot-mess! It was the best proposal ever... I'm so blessed! We attended our good friends, Jeff and Kristen Nabors, wedding that Saturday. It was such a beautiful wedding and we loved see our friends/buddies. Our lovely Carthage family threw us a wedding shower the next day, and it was perfect. We got so many wonderful gifts and got to spend time with our family. We were reminded again of how blessed we truly are. 

March 31, 2011 I found out the gender of our baby.....

April
We got married April 2, 2011. It was the most beautiful day... The best day of my life. Our wedding was perfect and we had the most wonderful people to share it with. I also surprised Cody with the gender of our baby.... BOY! He was extremely surprised and excited... (and NOT expecting it at all- I CAN keep a secret!) Woohoooo pressure is off! The day that I became Cody's wife was absolutely flawless. The pictures are amazing (Thank you Kelsy & Aunt Dawn!) and the memories are priceless. Our wedding party was the absolute best & we had a blast! We spent our wedding night in Shreveport and Cody got on a plane the next day to go back to Biloxi. I got my Aggie Ring two weeks later! Whoop! Thanks Mom & Dad! During this month we also named our child- Cason Lynn Works. I'm pretty sure it's the best name ever.. Not that I'm biased or anything. It took awhile for us to choose, but we finally agreed on one. We both love it and LOVE that we have named our baby. Cody, Claire, & Cason.... Sounds nice!


Also in April I flew to Biloxi, MS to visit Cody- but that deserves a separate post!

Well that's our crazy life between January & May... I will do more detailed posts regarding Cody in Biloxi, Cason, & the trip that Cason and I took to Biloxi to visit Daddy soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment