Friday, November 4, 2011

09-02-2011

This day was the best day of my life. We checked into the hospital the night before to start the birthing process- but our nugget was not ready to arrive quite yet. He was overdue and hadn't even dropped yet. When our nurses changed shifts, our day nurse, Lori, informed us that we had to have the munchkin out by 3 pm in order to have our Doctor deliver him. So, within the next 10 minutes, they broke my water, started the pitocin, and gave me an epidural.
 2 months later a lot of that day is now a blur. I remember our families coming in to see us and bring Cody some food- I loved having them all there for our special day. Our nurse, Lori, was the BEST NURSE EVER. Since Cason hadn't dropped at all and he was a surprise 9.2 lbs baby, labor was extremely intense for roughly 4 hours. Multiple times the nurse mentioned an emergency c-section- in which I answered with tears and telling Cody that was not an option. My wonderful husband never left my side and was the support that I needed in order to deliver Cason.
Dr. Dawson showed up at 2:00 p.m. with all sorts of jokes and encouragement. At 2:10 p.m. I gave birth to our son, Cason Lynn Works. He weighed 9.2 lbs and was 21 inches long. (2 pounds heavier than we thought.) When they laid Cason on my chest I couldn't help but cry. That was the best moment of my life- and watching Cody cut the umbilical cord with so much  pride and happiness made me fall in love with him all over again.
 Fun Fact: Dr. Dawson was so surprised at how much Cason weighed (and that I could get him out without a c-section or anything else to help me) that he called his office and told his nurses to go visit Cason and I at the hospital. So we got a surprise visit from not only our favorite nurses but also the technician that told us months ago that we were having a precious baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment