Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Day

Our First Valentines as a family was perfect. I had chocolates and a card waiting for Cody when he went downstairs to go to work, which he loved and took to work with him to display on his desk. How sweet! Cason and I slept in, then took the white chocolate covered pretzels- that I made for Cody's office the night before, on the base to pass out to his airmen. They were a big hit with everyone and Cody loves getting to show off Cason (and his good lookin' wife, haha!). We ate lunch together at Popeye's Chicken, which was delicious. 

Afterwards, Cason and I headed back home to fill our afternoon with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episodes. Every episode starts the same way, with Mickey inviting us to come inside his clubhouse... Well as soon as Cason hears, "Hey Everybody!", he gets the BIGGEST grin on his face. I'm pretty sure he thinks Mickey Mouse is his best friend. It's adorable. The Easter Bunny is going to bring him his very own Mickey Mouse this Easter. We're excited about it!

Cody surprised me by coming home early to spend some extra time with us. We were watching TV and making plans for dinner (which Cody kept telling me that he didn't want to go out) when the doorbell rang. Cody had a dozen red roses, a teddy bear, a box of chocolates, and the sweetest card delivered to our home for me. It was amazing. Then he told me to dress up because he was taking me out to Longhorn Steakhouse for dinner. Cason didn't cry once during dinner, we both had yummy steaks, and we were able to sit and enjoy each other. It was the most perfect Valentines Day ever.



The best part about our first Valentines Day as a family is knowing that we have many, many more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment