Sunday, December 9, 2012

844th CG Holiday Party

Last night, our sweet little family drove  into Arlington, VA for the 744th Communications Squadron's Holiday Party. The party was held at the Sheraton Hotel- and it was amazing. There was childcare on site, so Cason went with us. (That made me a very relaxed mama, but more on Cason in a bit.)

First there was social hour- so we got drinks in our hand, mingled, & grabbed yummy appetizers off the passing trays. My favorite: the crab cakes. My husband's favorite: mini taquitos. Sounds about right, huh? Dinner was delicious and we had a great group at our table. There was never a dull moment during the night. We laughed, joked, told stories- you name it! There are some pretty amazing people within our comm. group- and we've grown pretty close to a few of them. We enjoy their company, and we're already looking forward to next year!
At the end of the night- after dinner, prizes, a scavenger hunt, and a trivia game... The DJ introduced the world famous popstar- Psy. Cody's boss came out dressed as Psy and started dancing to 'Gangnam Style'. (And he looked JUST like him!)  It was a huge surprise and everybody was freaking out. Other people got involved- they copied the music video REALLY well! There were two girl's dancing with him, the yellow suit guy, a cowboy.. I mean it was detailed. I ran up to the front since I'm short- and all of a sudden, I see my husband out there dancing too! He was a part of it and helped put together this huge sychronized performance. I was shocked and so in love, haha! He'd worked late the past couple of days, and I didn't think anything of it- but that was what he was working on and he wanted to surprise me. Man, my husband has good looks and good moves y'all! The best part was the big kiss I got at the end and all of his co-workers (who were apart of it) coming up to me and saying he hated having to lie to me! I was (am) so proud of him and as soon as I get a good video of it, I'll post it on here!
So at the end of the party, we go to pick up Cason... And the first thing they say to us, "Oh, y'all are our culprits!" Cason was asleep in one of the girl's lap and apparently it was a rough evening for them. He was really tired (fussy) and would fight going to sleep.. Fall asleep and then wake up crying. Y'all he has never gone to sleep without his mama, and he didn't like it one bit. He woke up right after we got there and started crying immediately, but pacified the second I picked him up. Then talked to us all the way home and went straight to bed, haha!
I forgot my camera... I know, I know. I wasn't happy about it, especially since my husband was so handsome and I wanted pictures! Luckily, our good friend, Michael, took a few pictures for us. We had a GREAT night and we can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment